Oats, Almond and Apple Traybake
Moreish and satisfying, this traybake is worthy of any Kitchen King or Domestic Goddess!
Serves Approx. 12 squares|Takes 1 hour
For the Crumble:
- 200g (8oz) Flahavan’s Progress Oatlets
- 175g (7oz) ground almonds
- 75g (3oz) brown sugar
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 75g (3oz) melted butter
- 75g (3oz) golden syrup
For the Filling:
- 5 apples
- 1 tsp cinnamon (optional)
- Preheat the oven to 180°C (350°F/ Gas mark 4).
- In a large bowl combine the oats, almonds, sugar and baking powder.
- Pour in the melted butter and golden syrup and mix well.
- Peel and grate the apples and sprinkle with cinnamon.
- Line a 9” (24cm) square baking tin with parchment paper and firmly press out approx. 2/3 of the crumble mixture into the tin.
- Spread the apple mixture over the crumble base and sprinkle the remaining crumble over the apple and press lightly.
- Bake for approximately 30-40 minutes.
- Allow to cool and cut into slices.